Filed concrete patterns are not only easier to maintain, but also cheaper and more durable than traditional concrete. This article goes into detail on how to create a pattern and the advantages of using this method.
How to make Concrete:
Honed concrete is a type of concrete that has been specifically ground to a very precise finish. This makes the concrete stronger and more resistant to wear and tear. The process of getting the best honed concrete in Gold Coast involves grinding the surface of the concrete to a very fine finish. This process produces a surface that is extremely smooth and polished.
Image Source: Google
Here are some steps to follow:
1. Prepare the concrete mix according to the recipe or specifications.
2. Remove the form from the molding compound and rinse it off with water.
3. Apply a thin layer of the molding compound to the top surface of the form and press it firmly into place.
4. Pour a thick layer of prepared concrete over the top of the form, making sure that it covers all of the exposed edges and reaches the bottom edge of the form.
5. Sprinkle some coarse aggregate over the top of the concrete, then cover this with a second layer of concrete.
6. Make several small cuts in the concrete around the edge of each hole, then use a sharp knife to slice through these holes, creating semi-circular openings. Keep in mind that you will need to make these cuts at an angle so that they intersect at right angles inside the concrete pattern (this will help ensure even curing).
7. Cure the pattern according.